Preston Academy of English has nine classrooms complete with whiteboards and a computer with audio and visual facilities.
Self Access Centre
Preston Academy of English has a Student Self Access Centre. The room is used for classes and testing for initial assessments as well as progress tests. Facilities include the following:
- Networked computers with high-speed Internet access.
- A wide range of ESL software covering all skill areas
- Headsets with microphones
Benefits of the lab include:
- Improve your reading comprehension with CD ROMs
- Expand your vocabulary with websites and course CD ROMs
- Discover additional grammar points using a grammar program for your level
- Enhance your writing by using free, online writing guides
- Practise listening and pronunciation
- Learn more about idioms using Idioms in English
- Record and play back your voice
- Try online ESL exercises, quizzes, dictionaries and encyclopaedias
- Explore ESL websites (under guidance from your teacher)
Includes sofas, chairs, hot and cold drinks machine, Xbox and snacks machine. The student lounge opens out to the street where students have a wide variety of places to eat.